The mission of CharityWorks is to make a difference through community partnerships. We offer the talents and financial resources of our experienced and committed corps of volunteers and sponsors. The interests of our members and the CharityWorks Advisory Board members are paramount in the selection of a partner. Each year, we select two annual partners: one organization that supports the men and women of the Armed Forces and their families (including Veterans organizations); and one that serves families and children in the Washington Metropolitan area.THE SELECTION PROCESS IS AS FOLLOWS:
- Information session for 2014 Partner Selection Applicants will take place in April 3, 2014. Applications will be available in February 2013.
- The Partner Selection Committee reviews all applicants and selects approximately ten organizations to make oral presentations to the Committee (five from each category: Military and Community.
- The Partner Selection Committee selects up to six semi-finalists (three from each category) and conducts site visits.
- CharityWorks' membership hears presentations from up to six semi-finalists and selects two finalists in each category: Military and Community.
- CharityWorks' Advisory Board, hears presentations from the four finalists and selects one annual Partner from each category.
Throughout the process, CharityWorks will stay in close contact with The Community Foundation for the National Capital Region, the fiscal sponsor for our events, to ensure compliance with appropriate laws and regulations.